Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rhythmic gymnastics and other random things

Hi again! Ariel didn't want to post anything right now, so I'll update you on what we've done. :) So, a few days ago, we went to our last Olympic event. We saw rhythmic gymnastics! 






It was definitely my favorite event to watch! The individual gymnasts preformed with either a ribbon or clubs (for juggling). 





It was really fun to watch, but after the 1st hour, all of the 'acts' pretty much looked the same. 

The entire event lasted 4 hours!!! It got pretty hot and stuffy in that building! (Is stuffy even a word???)







America didn't do very well (and Great Britain got last place). It wasn't a medal round, meaning that they were just competing to qualify for the final round and no medals were given. The top 8 got to go to the final round. I'm not sure which countries made it to the finals, but I know it did NOT include USA, Great Britain, or Canada.






The 2nd half of the event were group performances. I found those a lot more interesting to watch!!!

Oh! And for those of you who were wondering, USA didn't win this either!






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I would do another 'batch' of leftover pictures from various parts of our trip!



We saw this sign outside of a pub! It said, "Showing Here... That Sporting Event 
we aren't supposed to mention!!!" I guess that you can't advertise the olympics without permission! My mom found it really funny!







We went to Stonehenge!












This was the only real 'Modern Art' that we saw at the tate modern museum ;)














We saw Matilda the musical a few days ago. It was not my favorite! I couldn't understand what the kids were saying half the time and the special effects weren't all that special! I wouldn't really recommend this show, but it could just be me! I think Ariel liked it!












Mind the Gap!!! They say this everywhere here! "Please, mind the gap between the train and the platform..." Make sure to read this in a British accent!!






Tomorrow we are going to China for a week, and then to Taiwan for a week! It should be a pretty interesting week! I am not really sure what our internet will be like because I heard that china like, limits your access or something.... I hope this week will go by quickly!!!! I really want school to start! Yes, you heard me right. I think we are having a little too much family time. Anyways, I really need to go to sleep now. We are catching an early flight tomorrow! Wish me luck! -- Laurel :|




No comments:

Post a Comment